Planting for Food and Job Project, NPP Chairman to introduce mass Ginger Farming Product.
The Npp constituency chairman for “Odotobri”, Mr. Dominic Bosompim is set to introduce “Mass Ginger Farming Production”in the constituency to help accomplish the Government of Ghana’s Planting for Food and Job Project.
In Briefing the Press, the project which is headed by him(Mr. Bosompim) and one Mr.John Owusu is aiming at –
1. To introduce and make Odotobri Ginger farmers compute with the largest ginger producers in the country(Ghana).
2. To introduce Youth in the district into agricultural business (Ginger Production).
3. To train and educate the existing Ginger farmers and make it more Locative and very attractive in the district.
4. To motivate and inspire potential farmers that,Agricultural is a business and not tradition.
5. To let the constituency fulfill Government’s Policy of Planting for Food and Job.
6. To reduce poverty in the district.
” We have already registered the Business (Odotobri Agricultural and Trading Company LTD) with 2,050 registered farmers, which our office is located at Jacobu-Ashanti.
Our training is also scheduled in 26 zones, 206 communities within the district and targeting 5,000 farmers for the first year” Mr. Bosompim Dominic hinted.
The Npp chairman expressed the need of involving the youth into Agricultural and also called on the Government and Investors to come to their aid.
Evans Kwaku Oboafi Junior HARDROCK