The Ashanti Regional National Disaster Management Organization(NADMO) has debunked report following fire outbreak at Kumasi based Asanteman Senior High School which was said to had hospitalized some students and many properties destroyed.
Mr. Kwabena Nsenkyire, the Ashanti Regional NADMO coordinator on Nhyira Fm morning show said the reported incident is untrue after a team from the Organization paid a visit to the school upon the report that was circulating on social media on Thursday April, 4, 2019
He however, urged all parents having their wards in the said school to remain calm as it had been confirmed that nothing of such nature had happened in the school.
Mr. Nsenkyire therefore stressed that most billboards scattered along the roads of Kumasi must be removed.
This statement he made was following an incident that happened at Suame roundabout in the Suame Municipal Assembly whereby a billboard along the stretch of Suame highway fell on a vehicle during a heavy downpour that hit most part of Ashanti Region on Thursday April 4, 2019.
The heavy downpour in the region destroyed many properties but no casualty was recorded.
Story by: Kesse Alfred